Friday, June 5, 2009

What's in a name?

We may finally have a name for "baby", and it's not even on the babynames.com website list that we created. We both like Tristan at the moment - which is how we settled on "Kyler". The middle name would be Rush. I knew that that was going to be inevitable at some point, and I'm fine with it. Tomorrow (June 5) I'll officially be 37 weeks, which is full term, and means baby (Tristan - it's time to start calling him that I guess) is welcome to come any time. That also means I'm finally starting to "nest", or at least realize that I'd better get the house in order, as it is certainly not at the moment! My only real problem is some horrific carpal tunnel syndrome, which always accompanies me late in pregnancy. It's causing me to lose some sleep at night, but if that's my only issue, I can't much complain.


Some dear friends threw a shower for me last week, and it was a lot of fun, and we were given some really wonderful things. I feel blessed! The theme was "The Coming Attraction", and was complete with movie theater treats (nachos, popcorn, candy, etc., and some sweet cupcakes). In the first picture you can see the "Red Carpet" behind me. I haven't ever learned to properly scrapbook, so I specifically asked for ready made scrapbook pages, and the ladies came through! Now at least one child will have a respectable scrapbook, and all I have to do is slap the pictures in as he grows. Thank you Haylee, Liz, and all the others!!!

By the way, I've been told that my baby bump definitely looks lower, so I'm guessing that means baby has "dropped" into position. That doesn't mean anything about when he will come, though, if you're wondering. He did feel like he was rolling around in there on a few occasions recently, so perhaps that's what he was up to.

5 comments:

Haylee said...

A special party for a special lady. I LOVE the name that you finally picked out. I also love the first picture of you. I'm sad that I'm going to miss the arrival of your little one unless you figure out how to kick him out in the next week.

our big bus said...

You look so cute. We miss you here in Astoria. Love the name.
Bonnie

Dawna Greer said...

Congratulations on having great friends to give you a nice shower. So the countdown begins. . . Just hope Tristan knows he must come sooner than later! I like both names you have picked out.

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I really like the name! It was nice of your friends to throw you a shower. Cute theme! You look so cute with your your belly! I bet you can't wait for it to be all over with. Hang in there!

The Merrills said...

Did you even consider some of the suggestions Nikki and I gave? You call him Tristan, and I'll call him Jasper for short. Or maybe Homer; or Chester...