Saturday, May 16, 2009

Service

I was on the receiving end of much service recently, and I feel blessed.
Early in the week after playgroup, a friend offered to take Kyler home for a while so I could have a break and get some things done. What a relief! He got to have a ball playing with her son, and I was able to get some things done without a monkey on my back (ha ha). I am so grateful!

Dean and I are both more or less invalid at the moment, me because I'm five weeks from baby's due date, and Dean because he is having a real problem with his lower leg. He finally had the bone scan done, and saw a sports medicine doc - he has a stress fracture. So, in this time, our lawn has gone unmowed, and the weeds in the lawn have gotten out of control. It's looked atrocious. Truthfully, I could probably mow the lawn if I did it over two or three sessions, but that's probably not a good idea. So, after a nice walk yesterday with a dear friend, she insisted on mowing the lawn! I thought I could appease her if she just did the front, which would have vastly improved the looks of the place, but she wouldn't stop there and spent two hours doing the front and back!!! I am still dumbfounded, and eternally grateful. Dean was stunned when he came home, and felt awfully sheepish, but that's our circumstance at the moment. She, by the way, is busy with five children, and her husband is currently deployed, and I visit teach her, to boot!



And at the end of the week, my sweet visiting teacher brought me a wonderful lunch! What a treat! Kyler and I both enjoyed it, and she thought of everything, right down to a fork, napkin and mint, and a lovely lunch bag!

'Tis blessed to give, but it is also nice to be on the receiving end!

1 comment:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

What a great place to live! Sounds like the members there are wonderful! I'm glad you got some help.