Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Guess Who?

I was born on September 1st in Denver, CO.
My favorite book is Mark of Athena.
In my spare time I like to read,watch TV, and play video games.
My favorite food is Macaroni & Cheese with sausage.
My favorite pet is a blue and gold macaw named Pancho.
I like cheetahs and dislike camels.
I understand greek mythology but
don’t understand the difference between ancient Egypt and Kush.
I am Hunter R. Lavallee.

At the Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island in September

Hunter had to write up a short biography on himself for a class at school.  The only thing he got wrong was his birthday.  It's close, but not quite right, ha ha.  He appears to be thriving in middle school, which is a great relief.  I was determined to homeschool him, as I couldn't imagine him being successful with many classes throughout the day and the required organization, nor could I imagine him not being bullied.  But, we've been pleasantly surprised that he is doing okay.  The sixth grade teachers seem to give them a bit of a break since this is their first year out of elementary school.  One punk in PE has been giving him a bit of trouble.  I advised him to learn the punk's name, and look him in the eye every day and greet him.  He's been doing that, and then goes somewhere else in the gym to avoid the punk.  I guess it is more or less working. 

At the Pacific Science Center in Seattle during the summer

No comments: