Monday, October 24, 2011

Train Me Now

Daddy-O is away for the week playing Army, so up late I stay.  I have found a book that will hopefully revolutionize our lives.  Today after school we spent an hour training how to come through the door, where to put backpacks and shoes, what doesn't belong in the entry, how to clean the bathroom, etc.  Nothing new... If we actually develop all these good habits, what will Griselda, our Wednesday Angel do?  I still struggle mentally with paying someone to clean my home, but she is a blessing to us, and it blesses her life to earn money here to send to her family in the Philippines.  It breaks my heart that she had to leave her husband and four children behind.  I wonder why I was born into better circumstances?  She adores our little people.  We have a long way to go, so maybe in eight short months when we leave here, we won't need a housekeeper any more.
Cambria sits at four months with just a bit of back support.  Saturday we felt her first tooth, and today I felt the next - both on the bottom.  These pictures are with the new camera!!!  I have so much to learn.  I brightened these up a bit with the computer.  On Saturday we went to an air show at another base here in Seoul (pictures will come when Dean returns with his iPhone).  Tristan enjoyed it the most of the boys, as he is enthralled with "ha-panes" and "dot-ters" right now (airplanes and helicopters).  There were as many as 8 fighter planes at a time to watch, and it was a thrill.  Hunter won a 50,000 won (~$42) gift certificate to the Nike store in Itaewon, by charming the announcer calling out raffle ticket numbers. 
 Tristan is my love bug and has been reclaiming my lap of late.  There's plenty of room for them both.  He has developed eczema, so we try not to bathe him as much.  I suspect it is due to milk or wheat, but it is soooo hard to change our whole food life to figure it out, especially when he demands a "gink" from me with those big hazel eyes, and since he tries to live on PBJs and cereal.  He has been in big boy underwear exclusively for a month, and has yet to have an accident away from home or at night, but nearly every day he drops a load at home.

Yesterday was our Primary Program at church, where the kids sing the songs they have been learning all year and each child has a small part.  It was delightful, and we could hear Kyler singing from where we sat in the back.  He has taken that over from Hunter.  Afterward we had a Primary Activity during the normal primary time, with stations about scripture heroes.  Hunter did a station about David, of David and Goliath fame, to fulfill a Faith in God requirement.  While I didn't have enormous responsibilities (as a counselor in the presidency) it is still a load off my mind to have it all behind us now.  I have been filling in as a den leader as well to Hunter's bear den until we can find a real replacement.  I feel like I'm doing a mediocre job (at best) of everything right now. 

4 comments:

Elynnor said...

Hunter really did a great job talking about David & Goliath. He's such a good kid. I felt kind of bad because when he was sitting on the stand yesterday, he unbuckled his belt and took off his shoes. I gave him my most exasperated, disapproving look, and then he looked hurt, so I felt even worse. Sorry Hunter!! I've had a stressful time lately and I'm not as kind and sweet and understanding when I've spent too much time freaking out about other stuff in my life. :( But I'm still sooo proud of you, and you're still my favorite. (But--ssshh--don't tell the other kids in your primary class!)

Dawna Greer said...

It seems like yesterday was the day for everyone's Primary program--my ward, Kandra's, Wendy's--they all went well--kids always come through, though practices are usually tough!
Loved the pictures at the zoo- especially Kyler's face with the chimp. That's awesome that Hunter was willing to do a booth about David and Goliath. Pretty scarey at his age. Cambria looks so cute, I can see resemblance with her dad.

The Merrills said...

Cute kids!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting! So happy that you are all doing so well :-)